A central objective of this Arctic Council languages project is to promote the vitality of the Arctic's indigenous languages. The project does this by promoting the:
- Sharing of data among linguists studying our languages
- Meetings and workshops of indigenous elders and youth
- Assisting in the making of documentaries by indigenous filmmakers
- Holding of languages symposia where indigenous peoples can interact with linguists and policy makers
- Maintainance of a calendar of project events and others related to the project
- Use of many excellent resources for learning Arctic indigenous languages
If you know of an event that you believe would be of interest to the project, please contact us.